Saturday, April 10, 2010

A gift for Bubba

Gift 9 ~  Bubba woke me up before they left for school (I don't often get up with my teenagers, at first I wanted to say... sorry, or sad to say... but I'm not sad or sorry.  Currently being a SAHM getting up before 7am makes for a very long day)

Anyhoo, Bubba wakes me up with a hug and a request.  A special card to ask his gal pal (not girl friend, but a friend who is a girl) if she would like to go to Prom.  I was shocked and surprised he asked me specifically to make him something.  The kids left for school, hubby left for work and my mind was in a mad whirlwind of ideas.  Bubba and friends were coming over to our house for lunch since the sub place is just up the street and it's easier to just come to our house.  I needed to have the card ready by 10:45am.  Here's what I came up with.  We just recently watched Footloose with Kevin Bacon....1984 good movie (some corny parts). He's obviously the skates, I was going to put two left feet for him...his gal pal was disappointed that her homecoming date didn't dance (uh oh!!!!).... and it's the school colors. Inside asks if she would like to go, he wrote inside "Guarenteed fun!!" He gave it to her when they got back to school after lunch.

By the way, she said..... yes.

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

awwww that is so sweet! Hope Bubba has a great time at Prom with his gal pal!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin