Friday, April 02, 2010

You take my breath away

Now showing, a beautiful card inspired by Markie's Mom
I really like when she dabs, smooshes, dabbles ink on the paper, (to me what seems like a random order),  then stamps her image on top of that and from there highlights or shades in the places to complete the picture. The stamp is by SU!  I splurged when I was at Archivers a couple of weeks ago and bought what I'm calling this raspberry paper. Only one sheet though, .79c  I thought it was flowers, look closer and it's lady bugs.
I've come up with a new segment of sorts
The world as I see it~ I have the dates (cuz I'm anal like that, plus I have my check book register) On February 12 a cute kid knocked on our door selling us pizzas as a fundraiser for his baseball team.  I know where the kid lives, don't know him or his family.  I'm a sucker for fundraisers.  As I wrote out the check and filled out the form, I asked when the pizza was going to be delivered... the kid aged 12 or so, looked up in his brain and tried to remember saying I think the 24th.  Cool!  February 24th came, no pizza, March 24 came, no pizza.... nothing.  So, I emailed a neighbor of said kid asking for the family phone number and by chance did she order pizzas?  Yes, she says and she got them a few weeks ago, they've already eaten one!   So, I call the house during the day, to obviously just leave a voice mail message asking where my pizza was.  The dad answers the phone... works from home??? (They drive a very, very, very nice car) I tell him who I am and was wondering about the pizza.... long pause on the other end of the line...."Oh, H hasn't had time to deliver them all yet" Yeah right! They had no idea who in the heck the lone pizza belonged too.  They left for spring break, we still have no pizza. 

In the big scheme of life 'who cares' right?  Pet Peeve 96! It was only $12 Fundraisers. Just tired of solictors coming to the door, people waiting outside the grocery store to sell dog treats, or poppies or asking for donations, people standing at a kiosk in the middle of a mall trying to grab your hand to put fabulous lotion on.  It's just turned me sour once again of follow through... you want me to buy your product, but then you don't deliver the goods!
Stepping down....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin