Monday, April 26, 2010

My Front Porch

Do you have a place to sit and watch the world go by?  I do, I love my front porch.  Even Coopy does too, see him in the upper left corner. 
I sit and I think, and I read, and I create and I wonder and I wish.  A big wish to my dad who turned 78 years young yesterday.  I hope you had a happy birthday Dad!  I read great books and magazine articles, right there on the soft cushy terra cotta cushion I found at Big Lots.  I try to hide on my front porch because I want to watch and not be seen.  It's a sunny day today and my mind thinks of what I need to do.  It thinks about animals being born and crops being planted (weird thoughts, spring time, sunny day).  It thinks about education and my first born almost a year away from graduating high school and flying away to be free.  It thinks of my hubby flying away to another city for business all week.  I think of cleaning my house, not because I want it spotless, but knowing it's there for me anyhow! Today, tomorrow, the next day. 
I love to sit on my porch and think of chairs I can paint and ways to make a cute grouping. Of flowers I can plant, and how much they'll cost.  I think of weeds I pulled, and birds who wonder in my yard not knowing I have two dogs. I hear my chimes clang together as a Chicago wind blows across the rails.  My mind is racing with all the things I can do.  And then as I sit on my porch I think of all the things I did do, and know that I am very fortunate!!

Gift 23 ~ giving back to the Earth. Pulling weeds and planting seeds.  Planting flowers to continue the cycle of co2 and oxygen.
Gift 24 ~ giving coupons for a buy one get one free, for someone who likes a special something.
Gift 25 ~ the gift of home.  Letting hubby sleep in and get his business in order before flying off for the week, he got down time and time with Bubba.

3 comments:

Cheryl Houston said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl Houston said...

Oops- sorry about that deleted comment!

What I was trying to say was I'm completely jealous of your front porch. I don't have a front porch. I do have a deck around my pool and I need to pretty that up but it's not the same as a front porch.

I think I would be more connected to my neighbors if I had a front porch where I could hangout.

K Hutchinson said...

Your porch is gorgeous! I miss our front porch- we had one at our old house! I love to sit outside- read, dream, draw..... Happy Monday!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin