Monday, April 12, 2010

Zindorf flower pot

Here is a recent Michelle Zindorf tutorial.  She was trying to teach us to water color the back ground instead of using the brayer with ink.  I got the effect I wanted.  But I found out, well I knew this, the ink pen I use to draw my doodles doesn't always take to water very well before it smears.  So I have to be careful.  I just love using punches for different reasons other than what you might think they are for.  This is a circle punch that becomes a cool modern vase once you cut off the top and bottom.  Awesome!!!

Gift 10 ~ I made some Toddy Cold Brew coffee and for some reason my cup runneth over.  I had enough not only to put in my carafe for the week, but also a full cup and a ball jar with lid.  I decorated the ball jar with curly ribbon and a cute tag and brought it over to my neighbor who has been intrigued by all my iced coffee talk.

Gift 11 ~ Just finished a wonderful book, The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  The weekend was beautiful despite some v-ball issues (but why get into that) and I was outside like everybody else on the block.  I was talking with my neighbor and he turned the topic to the south and Mississippi, where this book happens to take place in 1963.  So, I recommended the book, I don't know how you are but in a general conversation I often don't remember everything someone tells me about a book, a movie etc.... so last night I emailed in the book title, author and the Good Reads website with the review of the book.  If you are like to read, go to Goodreads.com.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin