Friday, April 23, 2010

When the image is too big?

This card looks cute in real life, but this angle and picture make it look huge!  That's one thing I realize when I re-create a doodled image, mine are so much bigger, because I'm not a tiny drawer! 

Years ago I learned they made cartoons for newspaper big, and then they were reduced down to fit in the comic section of the paper.  I often wondered how they could write the captions so small.  Duh!!!  I have to admit with a smile on my face that I have come a long way in drawing.  Most doodles you see are my first and only attempt, and I used to sketch things out with a pencil, trace over with the pen and then erase the pencil lines.  That is long gone.  My only wish, and some day.... is that what you see is original ... but it hurts my brain too much to have to come up with something when there is so much cool stuff out there to recreate! My challenge is to create a good fake!!!

Gift 22 ~ A friend is going away for the weekend with her sisters. I gave her (2) 4 paks of cards to give to her Sissy's when the moment is right.  I gave a gift that can be given.

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

You do amazing drawings! I love each and every one! Have a wonderful weekend!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin