Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Can Be a Book Maker, Again!

Yay! I'm happy.  I spent my birthday money and bought a Zutter Bind- it- all.  If you are not a scrapper or cardmaker you probably, well, definitely don't know what this is.... the following pink contraption, that's it.  I have been eyeing one of these for years!  I'm always behind on the times because I pretty much re-invest in my hobby what I make after I have a sale of cards.  Before it would have been just paper, ink and embellishments. 

Not with this product, but other big purchases, I hear some women don't even take their things out of the box.  They just see someone promote it on a blog or a You Tube video and they have to have the latest and greatest, but then they don't even use it.  I find the deplorable!!! Who has extra money (sometimes in the hundreds for these Silhouette cutters) to just buy something and leave it in the box!!!!  What this BIA does is take your paper crafts and helps you to create them into a bound booklet.  Its a press to punch the holes evenly and through many layers, and then with a wire ring, you can bind the  pages together and this 'machine' will close the wire once you have all of your pages set. booklet.
I made two little booklets right away to try it out. The worded booklet is a bunch of 'positive' note cards and thank you's I've gotten from various places over the years.  My happy book!  And then on the right (you can see the yellow edge) is a quick cardboard covered note pad that I made to see how the binding works. My fun birthday gift.  Stay tuned to see how I use it in the future!!

Gift 27~ puppy love....after running errands I was unloading the car.  Cooper was enjoying the sunshine on the asphalt and Tucker was waiting in the house for me to unload after every trip in. With my head stuck in the trunk, I heard some tussling noises and was surprised to see Cooper playing with a cute Llapso Apso (of sorts).  He looked familiar and was very friendly.  I looked at his name tag and Lynus  lives 4 houses away.  I don't know that neighbor at all.  I got a leash and walked him home.  The mom was surprised to see us at the front door.  She had left the back gate open.  This is the 2nd time I found him.  Makes me happy I found him, but sad that she didn't know he was lost.

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

WOO HOO! I love my bind-it-all! I use it all the time! It's fun to make books :) You are going to love it! Your books are cute! I can't image getting something and never taking it out of the box!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin